This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: pthread_cond_wait fixed?
- From: "Norman Vine" <nhv at cape dot com>
- To: "'Jason Tishler'" <jason at tishler dot net>, "'Robert Collins'" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- Cc: <cygwin-developers at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 12:37:53 -0500
- Subject: RE: pthread_cond_wait fixed?
- Reply-to: <nhv at cape dot com>
Jason Tishler writes:
>On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 10:47:41AM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
>> I did _not_ check in Egor's patch. His patch was incomplete.
>> in a solution for the bug he reported.
>I'm sorry to report that Python's test_threadedtempfile still hangs in
>pthread_cond::TimedWait() in exactly the same place as before.
I find this very odd in that test_threadedtempfile.py does not
hang on either my Win98R2 box or my Win2kSP2 box.
This is with a locally compiled Python2.1 which has a few changes
but I don't believe any effect the threading ??
This test has never hung for me since Rob got the initial
threading to work and this was also true with the unmodified
Python2.1 source that you bundled for Cygwin on my Win2k
box, I never tested it on my Win98 machine.
Is there something about your machine's setup that couid cause
it to be hanging ??