This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [MinGW-dvlpr] Re: src/winsup/w32api ChangeLog include/commdlg.h ...
- From: Danny Smith <danny_r_smith_2001 at yahoo dot co dot nz>
- To: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com>, Robert Collins <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- Cc: cygwin-developers at cygwin dot com, MD List <MinGW-Dvlpr at sourceforge dot net>
- Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 07:03:17 +1100 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [MinGW-dvlpr] Re: src/winsup/w32api ChangeLog include/commdlg.h ...
--- Earnie Boyd <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote: > I was coming to that
> Robert Collins wrote:
> > I believe that IDC_STATIC is _meant_ to be defined by the application -
> > see the second hit on that Google list for example.
> > ==
> > #ifdef IDC_STATIC
> > #undef IDC_STATIC
> > #endif
> > #define IDC_STATIC (-1)
> > ==
FWIW, in my experince, projects written for MSVC/Borland/Watcom compilers
very rarely actually define IDC_STATIC, and the projects break on mingw
unless IDC_STATIC is defined to -1
One workaround is to have a new header winres.h , that defines IDC_STATIC
and then includes winresrc.h. Alternatively, the define in winnt.h could
be guarded by #ifdef RC_INVOKED.
In the event, we will continue to get bug reports about windres not working
if IDC_STATIC is not defined for windres.exe
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com
> MinGW-dvlpr mailing list
http://shopping.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Shopping
- Get organised for Christmas early this year!